Android 9 Development Cookbook Over 100 recipes and solutions, 3rd Edition
pdf | 15.83 MB | English | Isbn:B07J664P3D |
Author: Rick Boyer | PAge: 458 | Year: 2018
Build feature-rich, reliable Android Pie apps with the help of more than 100 proven industry-standard recipes and strategies
- Explore the latest features in Android 9 Pie to make your applications stand out
- Develop Android Pie applications with the latest mobile technologies, from setup to security
- Get up to speed with Android Studio 3 and its impressive new features
The Android OS has the largest installation base in the world. There has never been a better time to learn Android development to be able to write your own applications, or contribute to the open source community. With this updated third edition, you’ll find solutions for working with everything from user interfaces and multi-touch gestures through to device features such as the camera and accelerometer.
The book will guide you step-by-step through packaging your app for the Android Market. You’ll start by exploring layout options and when to use them. Next, you’ll focus on widgets and styles, right from inserting a widget into a layout through to turning a style into a theme. Later, you’ll learn how to use notifications and alerts in your app. As you progress, you’ll understand how to use the touchscreen and sensors, before discovering the technique of using the Open Graphics Library for creating high-performance 2D and 3D graphics. Next, you’ll delve into geofencing, right from determining a user’s location through to using Google MapView to add mapping capabilities to your app. In the concluding chapters, you’ll learn to prepare your app for the Google Play store. Each recipe provides a clear solution and throughout the book, you’ll discover useful tips and techniques related to Android Pie’s features.
By the end of this book, you’ll have learned how to confidently write apps from scratch and apply solutions to various development problems.
What you will learn
- Develop applications using the latest Android framework while maintaining backward compatibility with the support library
- Discover recipes related to graphics, animations, and multimedia to create engaging applications
- Add location awareness to your app with the help of examples using the latest Google Play Services API
- Use Google Speech Recognition APIs for your app
- Get to grips with using notifications and alerts in your apps
- Explore the Open Graphics Library and use it to create 2D and 3D graphics
Who this book is for
If you are new to Android development and want to follow a hands-on approach to understanding the framework, or if you are an experienced developer in need of clear working code to solve the different challenges in Android development, you will find this book helpful.
Table of Contents
- Views, Widgets, and Styles
- Menus and Action Mode
- Home Screen Widgets, Search, and the System UI
- Data Storage
- Alerts and Notifications
- Using the Touchscreen and Sensors
- Graphics and Animation
- A First Look at OpenGL ES
- Telephony, Networks, and the Web
- Location and Using Geofencing
- Getting your app ready for the Play Store
- Getting started with Kotlin
Category:Application Development, Mobile Device Programming, Java Computer Programming