Blended Learning in Grades 4 – 12 – Leveraging the Power of Technology to Create S…
azw3 | 3.77 MB | English | Isbn:B00AVZM2HI |
Author: Catlin R. Tucker | PAge: 360 | Year: 2012
Use technology to focus on your students!
You′ve heard about blended learning, which mixes online learning with traditional classroom instruction. You have the support of your principal, the backing of your district, and you are ready to take the leap. Now what?
In this step-by-step guide, teacher and education blogger Catlin Tucker outlines the process for integrating online discussion with face-to-face instruction in a way that is aligned to the Common Core State Standards, works for your students, and allows you to focus your energy where it is most needed. Catlin Tucker will teach you how to:
- Use the online environment to increase engagement and drive higher-order thinking
- Design dynamic online discussion questions
- Create a safe space online
- Prepare students for high-stakes exams without sacrificing class time
- Assess online work
- Personalize learning and differentiate lessons
- Move toward flipped instruction, which shifts the focus of class time from teacher to student
With concrete strategies, ready-to-use resources, and sample rubrics grounded in the Common Core State Standards, Blended Learning in Grades 4-12 is the ideal tool for the busy 21st-century teacher looking to create a student-centered classroom.
Category:College & University Student Life, Business Education, Computers & Technology Teaching & Reference